The Building Projects Lead, Facilities is responsible for coordinating and monitoring facilities capital projects, including renovations, renewals, preventative and restorative projects, ensuring timely completion of projects or tasks. The Building Projects Lead contributes to the articulation, planning and implementation of ongoing and special projects as instructed by the Planning Manager, Facilities. The role is also responsible for responding to inquiries from both internal and external stakeholders / vendors.
- A college diploma or University degree in Architecture or Interior Design, a PMP Designation and / or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ of previous work experience managing projects in a dynamic business environment, within a customer service environment with frequently changing priorities and deadlines, including site and vendor management, and oversight experience.
- Knowledge of Law Society policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Construction Industry standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of Contract drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge and experience with Request for Proposals and Tenders.
- Knowledge of green building practices including site waste management.
- Solid understanding of building maintenance, construction and cleaning services requirements.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to produce project planning documents including schematic plans and client needs analysis.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, word processing, spreadsheet applications, internet intranet use.
- Ability to review and critique shop drawing submittals.
- Update / maintain Purchase order and contract logs.
- Track and maintain invoice and costing data.
- Maintain changes to base building drawings in AutoCAD format.
- Ability to create budgets and complete minor takeoffs.
- Familiar with Health and Safety Act.