The Analyst, Client Service Centre supports the efficient operation of the CSC, focusing on the activities of the Manager & Senior Counsel, and on all issues relating to Law Society licensee data and reporting needs. The Analyst also works with the Law Society’s IT department on analysis and data validation of database functions, with respect to the databases and IT systems used in the CSC. The Analyst performs his or her duties under minimal supervision and general guidance, using business intelligence software to conduct complex analyses, which may require collaboration across departments and divisions in the Law Society. The Analyst will produce statistical reports, recommend approaches for handling data or statistics requests, and document and manage the way the Law Society tracks statistics and responds to internal and external requests for data. The Analyst also works with the Coordinator, CSC to prepare reports, manage the testing for technology projects in the CSC, and manage website and The HUB content for the department. The Analyst acts as a resource for the Managers in the Client Service Centre on all issues relating to Law Society data and statistics and on most issues relating to technology.
- A university degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or a related field, plus a Law Clerk’s certificate and membership with the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario or a licence with the Law Society.
- 3 years client service related experience, preferably in a legal or regulatory environment, which includes responsibility for analytics and varied written communications, and demonstrated experience dealing with complex reporting and data requirements.
- Excellent grasp of delivering superior client service.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations and guidelines of the Law Society, Client Service Centre and the business units in the CSC.
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills in order to prioritize activities and assignments, and to provide effective coordination and support to members of the CSC management team.
- Excellent attention to detail, analysis, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain productive working relationships.
- Ability to perform data reconciliations between multiple platforms with similar data sets to ensure data quality.
- Solid understanding of statistics and analytics, with the ability to analyze trends.
- Advanced Excel skills: knowledge of pivot tables and VLOOKUP required.
- Proficiency in word processing (WORD, Adobe PRO), spreadsheets (EXCEL), database software (AS400, Inspector, IRIS, Access), content management platforms (SharePoint), and the internet and intranet.
- Ability to conduct complex data analysis with business intelligence software (IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced, SAP Crystal Reports) and create complex reports.
- Solid understanding of technology, particularly application of technical solutions to work processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage the UAT testing of major projects related to the CSC, including the drafting of test scripts, overseeing the completion of UAT testing, and training or helping business users in the CSC with new work processes and procedures.
- Ability to plan and conduct on line and paper file historical searches across multiple databases.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills to effectively respond to internal and external requests for data and statistics, to share professional knowledge with the CSC management team and staff, and to communicate and coordinate priorities, standards and protocols in an audience appropriate manner.
- Well-developed written communication skills in order to develop a range of correspondence and documentation for the Manager & Senior Counsel.