The Planner, Facilities is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring facilities capital projects, including renovations, renewals, preventative and restorative projects, ensuring timely completion of projects or tasks as instructed by the Planning Manager, Facilities. The role is also responsible for the implementation and over-seeing of services related to building maintenance as well as significant supervisory responsibilities for staff involved in these activities.
- A college diploma or University degree in Architecture or Interior Design or Construction Management or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous work experience managing projects in a dynamic business environment, within a customer service environment with frequently changing priorities and deadlines, including site and vendor management, and oversight experience.
- Knowledge of Law Society policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Construction Industry standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of Contract drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge and experience with Request for Proposals and Tenders.
- Knowledge of green building practices.
- Solid understanding of building maintenance and construction.
- Planning and project management skills to meet organizational needs.
- Supervisory and management skills to lead a team and work collaboratively with service providers and contractors.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others
- Ability to produce project planning documents including schematic plans and client needs analysis.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, word processing, spreadsheet applications, internet intranet use
- Facilitate Project Coordination meetings and prepare minutes from same.
- Ability to review and critique shop drawing submittals.
- Ability to create budgets and complete minor takeoffs.
- Familiar with Health and Safety Act.