The Data Quality Analyst is responsible for executing data quality improvement plans and performing data cleansing tasks with the short-term goal of improving the accuracy, consistency, and completeness of the data that is maintained in the Law Society’s business systems, and the long-term goal of ensuring that the data is fit for its intended use in operations, decision making, and planning. The majority of the data in question is related to Law Society licensees (lawyers and paralegals) and related businesses, but it may also be related to specific groups of non-licensees or to reference data.
- University degree or college diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years data management and/or client service related experience, preferably in a legal or regulatory environment, which includes responsibility for analytics and varied written communications, and demonstrated experience dealing with complex reporting and data requirements.
- Excellent grasp of delivering superior client service.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations and guidelines of the Law Society, Client Service Centre and the business units in the CSC
- Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills in order to prioritize activities and assignments, and to provide effective coordination and support to members of the CSC management team.
- Excellent attention to detail, analysis, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain productive working relationships.
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills to effectively respond to internal and external requests for data and statistics, to share professional knowledge with the CSC management team and staff, and to communicate and coordinate priorities, standards and protocols in an audience appropriate manner.
- Well-developed written communication skills.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to perform data reconciliations between multiple platforms with similar data sets to ensure data quality.
- Solid understanding of statistics and analytics, with the ability to analyze trends.
- Advanced Excel skills, including knowledge of pivot tables.
- Proficiency in word processing (WORD, Adobe Acrobat), spreadsheets (EXCEL), content. management platforms (like SharePoint), email, and the internet and intranet.
- Experience with the use of custom-built database systems.
- Ability to conduct data analysis and reporting with business intelligence software (IBM Cognos Business Insight Advanced, SAP Crystal Reports) would be a significant benefit.
- Solid understanding of technology, particularly application of technical solutions to work processes and procedures.
- Ability to plan and conduct on‑line and paper file historical searches across multiple databases.